Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tell the truth Tuesday

1) It took me a good hour this morning to figure out it was Tuesday. Yesterday was my anniversary with the P-i-C, which meant champagne, which meant I fell asleep on champagne's schedule and not my own, which meant I blissfully thought it was Saturday for a good hour this morning. Damn.

2) I am fast learning that I am a writer who needs ABSOLUTE SILENCE to write most effectively. Music? No way. The static hum of the television? Nope. the P-i-C lumbering about the house? Drives me crazy. Must work on this...

3) I'm getting dangerously addicted to multiple cups of coffee and eating out for lunch. It's not a habit, guys. I can quit any time. But you touch my coffee and suffer the consequences.

4) I think I'm good at multitasking. I'm not.

5) I am craving Long John Silver's right now. CRAVING it. I should not eat fried things. I probably will. And then regret it, but not after the sweet oily fried goodness of fast food quality fish (judgment free zone, people).

What's your truth today?

6 comments:

Melissa Gill said...

Happy Aniversary. I need quiet too while I write, but I did find that listening to opera helped while writing my last MS.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I don't like too much quiet while I'm writing but I'm with you on the coffee and LJ Silvers. MMM.

Patti said...

I need silence as well, and multitasking is not my forte.

Stina said...

Yay, I'm not alone on my need for silence when I write. I can never figure out writers who have a playlist for their book. I wish that were me, though.

Lydia Kang said...

I promise not to touch your coffee!

Christina Lee said...

*turns up music* :D :D
OMG I haven't been to a LJS's in soooo long--now I'm craving it!