Friday, February 26, 2010

Books that make me mad it's only February

Happy Friday, my lovelies, and congrats to those of us who made it to the end of the week. Not as cool as the end of the world, but we try.

What follows is a brief and by no means complete list of books that make me angry that I can't have everything I want right when I want it. Possibly in order of excitement, but kind of not really:

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: The third and final book in her Hunger Games series. I DEVOURED the first two books in two days, and the only thing I'm mad about at this point is that I have to wait until bloody August to read the final book. This is why I wait until after things are over to get into them (Lost, I'm looking at you).

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce: The premise of this book sounds awesomely dark, and I love novels that bring in elements of fairy tales and twist them in some way. Also: cover is HOT.

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater: I haven't read Shiver yet, but it's been staring at me seductively from my bookshelf for two weeks now. I already know I'll like it because I love Maggie's blog and she has a cool last name that for some reason I think sounds like it belongs in Star Wars. Which is a good thing. Te prometo. Anyway, after my experiences with The Hunger Games (see above), I might just wait a little longer to read Shiver so it's not a crackhead in withdrawal type thing. Which, believe me, Collins' series is.


Sympathy for the Devil by Various Authors: What do you get when you take the likes of Michael Chabon, Steven King, Neil Gaiman, and Scott Westerfeld and combine them with short stories about Beelzebub himself? I'll tell you what you get: a steaming pile of AWESOMENESS. This book is going to rock my face off and probably scare the you know what out of me, so I think I'll read it in the privacy of my own home to avoid embarrassment.

What books are you looking forward to in 2010?

No comments: