Monday, November 21, 2011

Confession session

Okay, I can't beat Usher's confessions (she's got a what on the way?!), but still. I've got some things to get off my chest.

1) I see peanuts at the grocery store in the unsalted and lightly salted varieties and I want to know where the heavily salted option is. I like my legumes with a flavor of high blood pressure.

2) I like to collect random skillsets. I've worked as a barista learning coffee craftsmanship, I'm preparing for a black belt test in Taekwondo, I've flown a plane, I'm handy with ProTools recording software, and I can find my way around any subway system in the world. Next I've got my eye on glass blowing and archery.

3) Thank you, Facebook, for allowing me to spy on high school acquaintances without the awkward name tags and fruit punch of a reunion. Also, thanks for giving me enough info about my high school crushes to know how much I don't regret the past.

4) I love Disney movies. And I'm not talking about the classics - although I love those - I'm talking about Disney Channel movies. Avalon High, High School Musical, The Even Stephens Movie, Cadet Kelly - I've seen them, and I love them. And I also think I could do a better job of writing them. Which is probably a lie.

5) A coworker of mine brought in some satsumas for the entire office and I've eaten at least 70% of them. I also took a bag home with me. I should feel shame, but I don't.

Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Lola Sharp said...

True story: Unsalted nuts are gross. The end.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Ha, ha -- Love #3!

I learn enough on Facebook to satisfy my curiosity about the whole lot of them. That way I don't have to attend the reunions.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Definitely heavily salted, all the way!

I need to look up what satsumas are.

Christina Lee said...

Hilarious!!! I think your random skill set beats mine!!

Stina said...

Why would anyone eat peanuts unsalted?????

LOL on # 3. So true. I would love to see what the beauty queens look like now. My bbf had a thing about subtly putting me down for my weight. Now she looks like a football player (her shoulders are massive) and I don't. :D

Lydia Kang said...

"I like my legumes with a flavor of high blood pressure."

Nice to meet a fellow salt addict! LOL. I've licked the salt off almonds and tossed the nuts.

Theresa Milstein said...

My high school reunion was great for feeling better about who I wound up with. Why did all the guys get such fat necks?

Laura Barnes said...

I think one reason I am so anti-Google+ is because of the whole circles idea. I want everyone to post there stuff so I can see what's going on. Especially old high school acquaintances and crushes. It's called legal stalking and I'm a fan.