Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tell the truth Tue...er, Wednesday

1) I started this post yesterday.

2) I have some great ideas for blog posts but am so swamped by work/holidays/pesky need to sleep that I haven't had a chance to write any of them up (see 1 above). Here's hoping 2011 is a little more organized.

3) I'm risking this coming to fisticuffs, but I'm not a big Sinatra fan. I'll take Bing Crosby over old blue eyes any day.

4) Drinking coffee gives me what my boss calls "crack knee." I secretly like it because someone once told me it helps burn calories faster.

5) I'm kind of dreading the holidays this year. I've heaped the responsibility of a twelve-person dinner on myself and the partner-in-crime ungraciously told me I didn't buy enough food to feed twelve people. I have no way to know and now have nightmares of hungry family members glaring at me balefully.

6) When people ask what I want for Christmas my head says, "Ask for cash or socks or something practical" but my heart says, "Ponies! Dolls! Toys!"

7) Frank Sinatra came on while I was writing this post and I went to Pandora to thumbs down the song without realizing it was him. True story.

8) I don't feel compelled to get to 10 on this post.

9) I love the concept of fantasy and read a lot of it as a child, but I find most of it overwritten with a lot of confusing names and traditions that seem forced and unnecessary.

10) Damn.

This is probably the last time we'll chat before my dinner failure Christmas, so happy holidays everybody!

1 comment:

Lola Sharp said...

Oh, I am with you on the Sinatra vs. Bing thing. (dude, love the drummer boy version with Bowie SO MUCH).
That said, I heard Bing was an evil a-hole. But, still.

Also, I live in NJ right now, among the many who worship Frank (yuck) and...(people will read this and hate me forever, I will lose followers...*sigh*)...Bruce Springsteen. It's not that I don't appreciate the Boss's lyrics, I just can't stand to hear him drone on. Also, Bon Jovi is very big here, but I can deal with them, in small doses. (he aint bad to look at, even now.)

Go buy more food. Better to have too much than not enough.

I agree with you on fantasy. The names. Why?

Merry Christmas! *hugs*
And here's to a spectacular 2011!
Love,
Lola