Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The best laid plans...

Aft gang arye. At least, that's how Eddie Izzard pronounces it. And since Eddie Izzard is my foremost authority on history, comedy, and pronunciation, that's what we're going to go with here. I started the month of November with the highest of intentions, and even though we are only four days in, I already know it's going to go to crap. I'm going to wake up three days from now and it's going to be Thanksgiving. Of this I am convinced.

Why is it going to such crap, you ask? Well, for many reasons that mostly boil down to I put too much on my plate at once. But there is one such thing I have brought upon myself that kind of blows the other ones to pieces; no, it's not NaNoWriMo, which has sadly fallen by the wayside (2100 words in three days, yeesh). No, the big bad on my list is the fact that my partner in crime and I have decided to buy a our own secret lair. That's right, kiddies, no more will we share our treasures with Ali Baba's 40 thieves, we're getting a magic cave all our own. Turns out, buying said lair is a very lengthy and complicated process, as well it should be considering the genesis of our current economic crisis. And to get our piece of the goverment pie we have to close before Nov. 30, which means...fun times in Cleveland again.

My writing has fallen into 30 minute or (if I'm lucky) one hour fits, I haven't worked out in two and a half weeks, my day job took this convenient time to explode with work, and oh, yeah, there's that whole NaNoWriMo thing. I've been craving Nathan Bransford's blog with a side of The Rejectionist, but alas my work ethic and my bank account insist otherwise.

So yeah, the reason I haven't blogged in the last week? There you go. I'm not even bothering with the word of the day today, half because I don't have the time and half in protest of their random emailing schedule. I got one at 11 p.m. last night. Wha?

Anyone out there with mad organizational and time management skills, tips would be appreciated. Monetary or otherwise.

No comments: