Wednesday, September 30, 2009

So. EXCITED.

Word of the Day: gaucherie - 1.A socially awkward or tactless act. 2.Lack of tact; boorishness; awkwardness.

Found a fun new blog today: InkyGirl. Cute book-related cartoon strips, fun updates on the industry, good times were had by all. But I'm mentioning it here because her latest post introduced me to National Novel Writing Month. Which sounds: AWESOME. You can read all about what it is and why you should do it here, but basically you write a 50K word novel during the month of Nov. You can join the site, create support groups, partake in the general awesomeness.

I am soooooooo doing this. I haven't read the specifics yet, but it sounds like fun. I'm about a third of the way through my current WIP but I had a cool idea for another storythe other day and this could be a fun way to light a fire under my cush tush to finish the current one and blast out the next! I'll need to do some equations: words per day, hours to complete said words, amount of intravenous coffee necessary to stay awake for said hours, etc. It's all very technical stuff, I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say I'm in.

Is 60K words too ambitious for one month?

P.S. Just made a cheese and cracker sandwich and it was delicious.

No comments: